To bring gay surfers together.
by maintaining an informative and interactive site where gay men and women can:
To improve public awareness
- Gather – create a global community which includes members from around the world who may be isolated geographically or socially.
- Contact and liaise with local media
- Organise events in local communities
- Share their passion for surfing
- Publish on a regular basis articles, stories, photos and videos that are relevant to Gay Surfers
- Create new topics for discussion in the forum
- Facilitate user generated content (photos & videos)
- Provide the tools for members to communicate privately and publicly.
- Maintain a safe environment which values the privacy of members
- Ensure quality control by moderating the forums and photos
- Continuously improve the site with new functionality
- Plan surf trips
- Build geo-specific GROUPS in which members can relate to their local communities.
- Facilitate opportunities for surfers to network around the world
- Provide MAPS for each of the GROUPS which show where the members are located, where they surf, and give access to relevant local information including accommodation, cafés, surfshops, etc.
- Show the diversity that exists in surfing by:
- publishing articles about GS in mainstream media
- looking for opportunities to help out the global surfing community
- Improve the public image of gay by:
- showing that gay people actively participate in a variety of sub-cultures within society, including surfing. Ensuring that GS is represented at gay celebrations such as MARDI GRAS
- showing that we share a common passion for surfing and we represent part of a broadening surf culture around the world.
- informing the general public of who we are Creating an open, informed and inclusive environment (we are gay and we welcome everyone who is open minded).